Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tim Burton & Helena Bonham Carter, the next generation


I keep hearing the name Charlotte Muhl Kemp and saw her pictures in various style features. I wasn't completely sure who she was and it wasn't until I received my new issue of Lucky that I realized I may have a style soul sister out there! This young musician and model, who is dating rock royalty, Sean Lennon, wears dresses with combat boots (like me!), wears tons of feathers (I'm a borderline bird!), and fur coats (hellllooooo Golden Girl) ! Her eclectic sound comes through her unique styling that's a hodge-podge of vintage dresses, quirky hats and animalistic mayhem.


(video courtesy of NYLON TV on Youtube.com)


This power couple has a band together called Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger and it's pretty interesting. I like the chill, folky sound, but even more, I love that the lyrics aren't really of the folk genre due to their imaginative nature. They're kind of mesmerizing to watch and soothing to listen to...



(video courtesy of Youtube.com)






Learning more about Charlotte reminded me of an outfit I once wore. Here's me on my way to dinner in NYC with my dear friend, Spiri....I rocked feather earrings from Loehmann's (14.99), funky crochet style poncho ($20 on sale at H&M), Betsey Johnson Bag ($150 on sale at Nordstrom years ago), and my beat to shit Kors Michael Kors motorcycle boots (years ago at Loehmann's for $60). I think I did my girl, Miss Charlotte, proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment